Saturday, February 21, 2015

Banana water for fertilizing a Miniature rose

Today I'm going to tell you about an unusual method of fertilizing a Miniature rose. It's feeding the flower by... banana water. A Miniature rose really adores this fruit. As you know, a banana contains potassium (K). This chemical element is necessary for rose blooming. I'd like to tell you about how to make banana water for fertilizing a Miniature rose.

My lovely red rose

1. Take a banana and peel it.

2. Cover a banana peel with 0,26 gallon (1 litre) of water. You may use an jar or another vessel.

Bananas: a pulp for you; a peel for your rose
3. Put the vessel at a dark warm place. Keep a banana peel in water during 20-24 hours. 

4. When banana water becomes dark, it will be prepared for use. Pour the water from the jar to a watering can and water your rose.

  
My beautiful white rose

How to fertilize a Miniature rose by banana water.

1. Water the flower before the fertilizing.


2. Wait at least a half an hour. Then add  banana water to the flower pot.

3. Use banana water twice a month instead of a commercial fertilizer. Usually I alternate these fertilizers.

4. Fertilize a Miniature rose only in Spring and in Summer.

My Miniature rose adores banana water
My own experience of usage banana water for fertilizing Miniature roses. I found out about this method from one of rose lovers. My flowers adore banana water. Last Spring I counted 9 buds on my lovely red rose!

No comments:

Post a Comment