Sunday, May 3, 2015

How to grow Sansevieria sulcata (S. bacularis)

"The town-garden will be here in 4 years", - said Vladimir Mayakovsky. May be, my Sansevieria sulcata (S. bacularis) likes poems of this poet. This succulent has bloomed in 4 years after appearance at my flat. Today I would like to tell you about how to grow Sansevieria sulcata.
 

Sansevieria sulcata (S. bacularis)

This houseplant has an exotic form. Its sharp and long stems look like green arrows. The tips of this "arrows" are dry. It is norm for this succulent.

Sansevieria sulcata is a sister of a Snake plant (S. trifasciata). Therefore care of this exotic Sansevieria is the same as care of the "phyto-snake" in a pot.

The "green arrows"

The houseplant prefers bright diffused light, infrequent watering and poor soil. (When I going to transplant my S. bacularis, I buy a special commercial potting soil mix for cacti and succulents).

Sometimes I locate my plant on my wardrobe, because this green friend is very beautiful and he decorates my room interior. However I keep the houseplant at this shade place a few days. Than I return this succulent on the windowsill.

Exult! You should not filter water for watering. This plant likes a tap water!


My Sansevieria sulcata is blooming

However this green friend hates over-watering. The Sansevieria may rot in this case. Please, water your succulent very carefully. Usually I irrigate my "Arrow plant" once a week.

This houseplant blooms at night. Flowers of S. sulcata smell sweet. The scent is very intensive and nice. However some of people have head attack because of this smell. Fortunately, I can bear this aroma.



Every flower of this plant lives only one night. Nevertheless the buds of S. bacularis flower by turn, as a rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment